At NextAfter, data analysis is a key part of the engine that powers results for the nonprofits that we serve. This position is responsible to working with data from a variety of disparate sources to get it into a format that can produce insights that lead to more donors and dollars for our clients.
Because NextAfter works solely with nonprofits to help them raise money and awareness for their causes, it’s also essential that every member on our team desires to positively impact the world around them and cares about the people they’re serving alongside and those at the organizations we help.
The Data Engineer supports NextAfter’s efforts to identify and communicate insights obtained from the analysis of data in a way that is enlightening to both technical and non-technical people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transforming raw tables from a variety of different marketing software systems into consistent views that allow for analysis across multiple systems
- Loading new client data into the data warehouse and producing quality control reports
- Tracking down data integrity issues and identifying potential solutions
- Blending multiple sources of data in a way to produces insights that could not be found in a single system
Qualifications and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of data processing, ETL/ELT pipelines, and data normalization/enrichment utilizing SQL programming language. Experience with BigQuery is a plus
- Experience working with financial and constituent data
- Proficiency in DBT for data transformation
- Experience integrating data into dashboards like Looker DataStudio, Tableau, or Qlik
- Knowledge of web analytics like Google Analytics, advertising data from platforms like Facebook, Google Ad, and Bing, and email marketing data from platforms like Hubspot and Mailchimp
- Proven experience managing projects and multiple competing priorities (consulting or agency experience is a plus)
- Demonstrably strong communication skills
- Strong passion to identify and solve real business problems using data
- Attention to detail
- Experience analyzing nonprofit donor data is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar majors
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a related role
By reading this far, you have taken the first step to joining our team at NextAfter to help us achieve our vision of unleashing the most generous generation in the world. If this excites you, we would be delighted if you would send us your resume.