Do you love making order out of chaos? Are you passionate about how you organize events so that you leave attendees eagerly awaiting the next one? Would helping non-profits fulfill their missions add even more value to your work? If so, our current Event Manager opening at NextAfter may be the perfect fit for you.
In addition to the above, we are looking for people who value and know that:
- Great events require great communication, especially proactive communication;
- Taking initiative while being highly organized and paying attention to the details are essential to success; and
- Be willing to seek alternative opinions and ask for help to get the best outcome.
At the core of our work is the concept of Optimization. It is not just a word at NextAfter, but a part of our essence; we are never satisfied with “good enough.” In action, it means that as soon as an event is over, we start thinking about how to make it measurably better next time; measurably because we want to know that it is better.
In the role of Event Manager, you will be supporting NextAfter’s efforts to host events that will create the most generous generation in the history of the world by sharing what we have learned with our attendees and expanding our audience. Some of the key activities will include:
- Driving and supporting event production activities, including creating a theme and coordinating speaker identification and selection;
- Driving and supporting the decisions related to cities, hotels, and venues; and
- Overseeing speaker and sponsor relationships, as well as nurturing those relationships.
This position requires that you have the following:
- 4 years event management experience, with 2 years’ experience with 500+ person events;
- Proficient with hotel negotiation and food and beverage contracts;
- Experience dealing with labor unions, when applicable;
- Demonstrable organization and communication skills; and
- Discernable ability to negotiate.
Things that would be nice-to-have and could push you to the top as a candidate, include:
- A degree in hospitality management;
- Financial acuity;
- Experience setting budgets and working within them; and
- Basic Photoshop and HTML skills.
By reading this far, you have taken the first step to joining our team at NextAfter to help us achieve our vision of unleashing the most generous generation in the world. If this excites you, we would be delighted if you would send us your resume.
If you are interested in learning more about the career opportunities at NextAfter, please send your resume and short introduction to Paul Clowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.