The Marketing Director serves as the spearhead for NextAfter’s mission. Your primary function in this position is to share what we’ve learned through research and testing as far and wide as possible. Success for this role is measured by:
- Web traffic growth
- Email file growth
- Subscriber engagement
- Inbound lead generation, and
- Market research conducted
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for understanding the market’s needs and can develop ongoing marketing campaigns and promotional strategies – leveraging insights from data, analytics, and a/b testing to continually optimize results.
While this role will be hands-on and in the details, you’ll also have a small team to lead, coach, and equip to implement and execute marketing strategies that achieve company marketing and lead generation goals.
Here’s a summary of the primary responsibilities you’ll have in this role:
- Lead, manage, and drive accountability for marketing team.
- Craft marketing campaign strategies and manage execution of key initiatives.
- Manage ongoing promotional calendar including weekly email sends, advertising, social media promotion, training events, and NIO Summit promotion.
- Develop and execute marketing automation strategies to engage, cultivate, and upgrade subscribers.
- Manage projects for marketing collateral development including eBook publication, print design, flyers, and other promotional materials.
- Ensure ongoing performance optimization and a/b testing of emails, advertising, and website conversions.
- Oversee NextAfter websites including ongoing content management, landing pages, blog creation, and website redesigns.
- Represent NextAfter at industry events including conference sponsorship & exhibition.
- Create lead generation campaigns to fulfill lead generation goals for sponsorship customers (when applicable).
- Develop performance reports to measure actual performance against departmental goals.
- Interviews, hires, and trains staff in the marketing department.
- Develop skills and encourage growth of marketing department on an ongoing basis.
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience
- Experience managing digital marketing staff
- Demonstrated ability to craft marketing strategies to achieve targets
- Proficient knowledge and experience with marketing automation platforms (i.e. Hubspot)
- Experience running paid advertising campaigns using Facebook, Google advertising, and other platforms
- Experience working in a CMS (i.e. WordPress)
- Experience managing budgets and expenses
- Strong A/B testing and optimization skills
- Proficient project management skills
- Experience with researching, analyzing, and reporting out of Google Analytics
- Essential HTML / CSS knowledge
- Experience managing creative direction & design
- Experience presenting campaign strategy & results to key stakeholders
- Exceptionally strong copywriting skills