Growth Marketing Specialist
The ideal candidate (maybe you?):
This is a new position on the Marketing and NextAfter Institute team where you’ll have one goal: growth.
You’ll focus almost exclusively on generating more (quality) traffic to our key sites and driving more (quality) email subscriptions. But the end goal isn’t just growth for growth’s sake though; it’s to reach more nonprofits with research, resources, and training to help them raise more money for their causes and work.
That could be through reading a blog post, downloading a research study, attending a webinar, taking an online certification course, or attending the Nonprofit Innovation & Optimization Summit. We believe we have great and needed resources for nonprofits, but we simply need to do a better job of finding them, letting them know we exist, and connecting them to those resources they want and need.
As the Growth Marketing Specialist, you’ll have excellent content at your disposal, a sizeable budget, top-class tools, a small but agile and high functioning team, and a culture of risk-taking, testing and optimization, and moving fast. In short, we think it’s a great opportunity and environment for you to put your marketing skills and ideas to the test to deliver real, meaningful, and measurable results.
This isn’t to say it will be easy, but that it will be worth it. Are you the person we’re looking for? Sound like a challenge that you’re ready to jump head-first into and own? We’d love to talk. You should send us your resume. Let’s talk.
You’ll primarily be responsible for:
- Strategizing and executing plans and campaigns that directly increase quality web traffic to NextAfter.com, NIOSummit.com, and other related sites.
- Strategizing and executing plans and campaigns that directly lead to quality growth in the size of the NextAfter email list.
- Constantly running and documenting tests and experiments tied to your main goals (traffic and email growth).
Depending on your skillset, strategies, and company needs, you may be asked to:
- Help develop and launch marketing efforts related to new research studies, courses, eBooks, tools, podcasts and other new content from the NextAfter Institute.
- Help manage the NextAfter.com blog through writing, publishing, and managing guest posts and partnerships.
- Help ensure proper tracking of new campaigns in order to accurately measure performance.
- Help gather and report on key metrics and activities on a regular basis.
- Help speak, teach, and train nonprofits on digital marketing and online fundraising.
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Clear demonstrated ability to lead projects that grow marketing KPI’s
- Experience using marketing automation platforms (we use HubSpot)
- Experience with online advertising and content promotion (we focus on Facebook and Google)
- Experience with on-site and off-site SEO (we focus on optimizing for Google search and rankings)
- Experience with nonprofits, fundraising, and the philanthropic community (ideally online fundraising)
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization
- Strong copywriting ability
- Basic proficiency in visual design (we use Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Live in or would relocate to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
- Minimum base salary: $50,000 USD
- Lunch is paid for and delivered daily by the company
- All employees are on a profit-share annual bonus. If anyone gets paid a bonus, you do, too
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- 401K available after 1st year of employment available
- Opportunities to travel and speak at conferences, events, workshops, etc.
Our mission at NextAfter is to decode what works in fundraising and make it as accessible to as many nonprofits as possible to unleash generosity. If you’re ready to put your skills to work to make this happen, this role is might be for you.
If you are interested in learning more about the career opportunities at NextAfter, please send your resume and short introduction here.