Job Title: Marketing Manager
Department: NextAfter Institute/Marketing
Reports To: Marketing Director, NextAfter
The Marketing Manager will support NextAfter’s marketing efforts to position NextAfter as THE leader in nonprofit fundraising optimization and A leader in online fundraising consulting, research, and training to help nonprofits grow their online fundraising.
This individual will do this by a) helping build, engage, and cultivate an email list and following with great and useful content, b) aiding in the development of training, curriculum, tools, and resources to help nonprofits and c) assisting in the securing and servicing of clients, course takers, members/subscribers, and ticket purchasers.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Helping produce and manage content and media to achieve content strategy goals including – but not limited to – webinars, eBooks, blogs, social media, videos, courses, workbooks, podcasts, etc.
- Assisting with ongoing email communications through writing, configuring, testing, and sending marketing emails – including weekly email updates, campaign emails, and more.
- Assisting with email cultivation by planning and configuring new automated email workflows, managing existing workflows, and implementing new campaign and segment-specific email strategies.
- Overseeing the NextAfter customer service and community strategy through social media, help articles, live chat, and support inbox management.
- Supporting the creation and delivery of new research, resources, and training both online and in-person to help more nonprofits raise more money online.
Depending on your skillset, strategies, and company needs, you may be asked to:
- Help manage all social media channels and accounts
- Help lead PR and media outreach efforts
- Help in the planning and project management of key research and marketing projects
- Help in the creation of webinars, blogs, courses, eBooks, podcasts, and more
- Help gather and report on key metrics and activities on a regular basis.
- Help speak, teach, and train nonprofits on digital marketing and online fundraising.
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing and communications
- Live in or would relocate to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Experience using marketing automation platforms (we use HubSpot)
- Experience in PR and media relations
- Experience using and managing corporate social media accounts
- Experience with nonprofits, fundraising, and the philanthropic community (ideally online fundraising)
- Strong copywriting ability
- Basic proficiency in visual design (we use Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
Salary & Benefits
- Minimum base salary: $45,000 USD
- Matching retirement contributions
- Health Spending Account
- Profit sharing program
- Other benefits:
- Complimentary lunches when in the office
- Opportunities to travel and speak at conferences, events, workshops, etc.
Ready to apply?
If you’re interested in applying for the Marketing Manager position, please send your resume and cover letter to Nathan Hill (Nathan@nextafter.com).