Donation Page Optimization
Many fundraisers look to sales tactics of major corporations and online retailers to learn how to craft an effective donation page. But this assumes that the psychology behind the donation process and the sales process are similar. Our extensive research in nonprofit donation page optimization reveals something different. The thought sequence in making an online donation versus purchasing a product online are nearly opposites.
When purchasing a product online, the buyer enters their credit card information and makes the transaction. Afterwards, the buyer experiences the benefit of their purchase once it shows up on their doorstep.
When making a donation, the benefit is not a product, but rather an intangible feeling of making a difference in the world. This feeling comes as the donor begins to understand the value of your organization and the impact that you are having. It isn’t until after this feeling comes that the donor actually puts in their payment information and completes their transaction.
This baseline understanding of nonprofit donation page optimization will help you begin to test different variables on your donation pages. The more you test, the more learnings you will discover about what makes your donors give. These learnings will allow you to lift you conversion rate and average gift size.
The blogs below will give you new ideas and strategies to test on your donation pages to help you grow your online revenue.
Recent Donation Page Optimization Blogs
- 7 Donation Page Secrets To Instantly Optimize Your Fundraising!
Is your donation page suffering? Does it fail to raise the money your nonprofit needs? Learn these 7 SECRETS to [»]
- 4 Crucial Things You Need to Know About Matching Gifts
How would you like to have donations to your organization doubled? Sounds too good to be true, right? After all, [»]
- 5 Ways Charities Can Optimize Their Online Giving Experience
Online fundraising can seem complex. You’ve got so many different tools to figure out. All that data you can get [»]
- 10 Online Fundraising Ideas That Are Proven to Grow Your Revenue
After spending a year observing every online fundraising idea, test, and experiment being run by all the optimizers here at [»]
- 4 Reasons Donors Don’t Give to You that You Can Fix with Better Copywriting
Generating traffic is only half the battle. Amy Harrison of Write with Influence shares how you can write persuasive [»]
- Gift Arrays: When to use them, and how to optimize them.
If there is one thing that is almost entirely unique to the world of nonprofit websites (compared to the for-profit companies I [»]
- 10 Year-End Fundraising Ideas to Actually Grow Your Revenue
Almost every fundraiser or marketer I’ve talked to has a similar story about year-end fundraising: they spend hours and hours [»]
- How a Campaign Donation Page Can Boost Your Online Revenue
The campaign donation page is one of the 3 essential types of donation pages that every single nonprofit needs to [»]
- Instant Donation Pages: How to turn new subscribers into new donors instantly.
Over the past several months, we’ve been uncovering a new way of thinking about donation pages. There is no one-size-fits-all [»]
- Google Search Donations: What Every Nonprofit Needs to Know Before They Sign Up for the Google Donate Button
Google has recently introduced a new, easy way to donate to nonprofits called Google Search Donations, but before you run [»]
- How to get the most out of Donation & Landing Page Optimization
This 8 session course on donation & landing page optimization is all about discovering why our donors and potential donors [»]
- Top 5 Online Fundraising Ideas to Grow Your Revenue
Every agency, marketer, and fundraiser can list their favorite best practices that they think will help grow your online fundraising. [»]