Email Fundraising Optimization
The first and foremost principle of nonprofit email fundraising is one of the core principles of fundraising as a whole. People give to people. When it comes to email fundraising optimization, it is crucial that we remember that people give to people – not email machines.
We’ve watched this principle play out over hundreds of tests on email appeals, cultivation emails, content offer emails, and more. What we’ve found is that donors want real relationships with real people. They aren’t interested in some organization telling them what to do. But donors are inspired when they have trusting relationships built with real, believable people.
Too often, most of our fundraising and marketing is uses organizational-centric language rather than donor-centric language. We send impersonal emails to thousands of people at a time that are irrelevant and un-empathetic.
The blogs below on email fundraising optimization explore strategies testing all variables of your email marketing and fundraising. They will help you find what messages, what tone, and what senders resonate with your donors. Ultimately, they will help you learn what works to drive more revenue for your organization through email fundraising.
Recent Nonprofit Email Optimization Blogs
- What I learned after signing up for 180 nonprofit email lists
My name is Allan Torres and I recently became the Optimization and Marketing Intern at NextAfter. My time so far [»]
- 10 Online Fundraising Ideas That Are Proven to Grow Your Revenue
After spending a year observing every online fundraising idea, test, and experiment being run by all the optimizers here at [»]
- What I Learned About Email Fundraising in Canada from 1,234 Emails from 152 Charities
Have you ever wondered how many emails your donors get from nonprofits? Or what types of emails those other organizations [»]
- 6 Nonprofit Email Marketing Hacks to Help You Do More With Less
Nonprofit email marketing is ripe for optimization. And I don’t just mean testing new copy and calls-to-action. But the actual [»]
- Five Email Fundraising Hacks to Boost Your Email Campaign Results
Let me start by apologizing. One of the reasons that email fundraising sucks is because of people like me. When [»]
- 5 Year-End Fundraising Ideas to Actually Grow Your Revenue
Almost every fundraiser or marketer I’ve talked to has a similar story about year-end fundraising: they spend hours and hours [»]
- Increase Your Matching Gift Revenue: 5 Email Examples
How well your nonprofit communicates with supporters online sets the tone for the rest of your relationship. After all, since [»]
- What I Learned from 152 Email Signups from 152 Organizations
Before I worked for NextAfter, one of the resources I used and referenced most was the Online Fundraising Scorecard. I [»]
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Fundraising Email Subject Lines
When it comes to online fundraising, email is one of, if not the, biggest drivers of online revenue. Here’s an [»]
- The Most Important Online Fundraising Lessons from 1000 Experiments
We’re celebrating a huge milestone this week…we’ve officially logged 1000 experiments in our online fundraising research library. But the number [»]
- Top 5 Online Fundraising Ideas to Grow Your Revenue
Every agency, marketer, and fundraiser can list their favorite best practices that they think will help grow your online fundraising. [»]
- Your Email Templates Might Be Costing You Time and Donations
Email templates can serve a great purpose in nonprofits. With limited resources, fundraisers are always looking for ways to save [»]
- Are Your Email Images Helping or Hurting Your Fundraising?
When used properly, images can help to bolster the value proposition in email appeals. But we always have to ask, [»]