6 Steps to Launching Effective Tests on Your Website
This event took place on September 7th, 2016
Learn how to set up and accurately measure tests on your landing and donation pages through this live broadcast
There are 2 critical components of effective optimization: knowing what to test, and knowing how to test it. If you don’t know how to run an effective test, you may end up questioning your results, or not knowing how to apply what you learned.
One tool that we use to help set up tests, ensure accurate results, and gain confident learnings is Optimizely. In this live broadcast, two Launch Managers from Optimizely walk through a simple, step-by-step process that will allow you to set up and launch an effective test on any page of your website.
Watch the video of the full broadcast below.
- How communicating value of an email newsletter impacts email acquisition
- Sometimes you have to eliminate copy
- How the amount of required information impacts conversion
- Reducing Form Field Test
- How clarifying the design of the page header affects email acquisition
- How Increasing Landing Page Congruence Reduced Cost Per Subscriber
- How reordering the elements of a landing page affect name acquisition
- Re-ordering thought sequences
- How clarifying the process-level value proposition affects email acquisition
- How visitor-focused language impacts conversion
- How the force of the value proposition can be altered with a radical redesign.
- How donor-centric headline affects donation conversion rate.
- How copy on a donation page affects the force of the value proposition.
- Impact of video
- How does form layout affect friction on a donation form?
- How a modern design trend impacts conversion on a donation page.
Next Steps: Build your first experiment! If you’d like additional interactive training, dig into our Foundations of Web A/B Testing course in the Optimizely Academy.
Get an Optimizely Account: Optimizely provides substantial discounts to eligible nonprofit organizations. Get more information and sign up for a 30-day free trial at www.optimizely.org.
Stay Connected: If you have any questions, create a post in the Optimizely Community. We’ll be engaging in the Community boards so your learnings can be shared with all attendees.
Find Answers to your questions in the Knowledge Base!
Review Today’s Material: You can find an overview of the 6 Steps for creating experiments here.