The Nonprofit Recurring Giving Benchmark
This event took place on July 25th, 2018
Recurring donors are up to 4x more valuable than one-time donors. Can you image the impact your organization could have if you could multiply the donations of your one-time donors by 4x?
Every major increase in donations and giving that we have found over 1000 fundraising experiments has come from empathizing and listening to donors. So we wondered what we might find if we looked at recurring giving from the donor’s perspective.
In January 2018, we teamed up with Salesforce.org to make recurring donations to 115 organizations across 9 different verticals, tracking every data point and asking 3 key questions:
- What does the donation process look like?
- What does the communication with recurring donors look like?
- How do organizations handle lost, stolen, and canceled credit cards?
After analyzing 115 donation pages and 4,500 online and offline communications, we made some startling discoveries including:
- 3 out of 4 organizations didn’t prompt one-time donors to give a recurring gift.
- Only 13% called to say thank-you.
- Only 1 in 5 sent email communication from a real person.
In this free webinar, you’ll find the biggest takeaways from this comprehensive study of recurring giving.
Get the Full Recurring Giving Benchmark Report
You can find all of the data, learnings, and takeaways from this analysis of recurring giving in the free Nonprofit Recurring Giving Benchmark Report. Plus, you’ll also get tons of practical ideas that you can test in your fundraising to grow your recurring giving.