Marketing and Optimization Internship
Duration: 6 Months | Hours: 15-20/week | Internship Type: Paid
We’re looking for an intern to join our marketing team and assist with marketing content creation and distribution. This includes writing marketing copy, developing email campaigns, creating advertising, designing and creating landing pages, analyzing marketing metrics, and more.
There are 2 primary goals of the internship: learning how to run and maintain an ongoing marketing program, and learning how to plan, create, launch, and optimize a major marketing initiative.
- Write and post weekly social media content
- Monitor and manage social media engagement
- Set up, launch, and log new marketing experiments to improve core marketing KPIs
- Assist in the creation of email marketing campaigns
- Pull metrics for monthly marketing reports
- Manage logistics for monthly training workshops
- Assist in customer service related to training events and responses to email campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to the ongoing responsibilities, the Marketing and Optimization Intern will plan, create, launch, and begin optimizing a major marketing initiative for NextAfter. These projects will be determined by the Optimization Evangelist with consideration of the intern’s educational and professional development goals.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a new online fundraising or nonprofit marketing eBook, and launching it as a new email acquisition offer.
- Developing a ticket or sponsorship sales campaign for the Nonprofit Innovation & Optimization Summit.
- Writing, publishing, and distributing a new blog series related to nonprofit marketing and online fundraising.
- Overseeing the redesign and rebuild of part of NextAfter.com or other web property.
- Strong written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Basic proficiency using web-based tools and platforms
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
- High School Diploma
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Basic proficiency using online web and marketing tools like Mailchimp, Hubspot, Hootsuite, WordPress, and Google Analytics.
- Currently enrolled in (or have completed) a college-level program related to marketing and communications.
If you are interested in learning more about this internship opportunity at NextAfter, please send your resume and a brief introduction to Nathan Hill.