At NextAfter, data analysts are a key part of the engine that powers results for the nonprofits that we serve. This position applies the skills and knowledge areas generally associated with data science, business analysis, and marketing analytics. In this role, you must be able to spot trends no one else sees and tell compelling stories with data to answer the most challenging questions.
Because NextAfter works solely with nonprofits to help them raise money and awareness for their causes, it’s also essential that every member on our team desires to positively impact the world around them and cares about the people they’re serving alongside and those at the organizations we help.
The Data Analyst supports NextAfter’s efforts to identify and communicate insights obtained from the analysis of data in a way that is enlightening to both technical and non-technical people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzing information from financial, email, web tracking, and marketing/advertising data—including nonprofit-specific analyses including donor lifecycle, upgrading, and downstream conversion;
- Telling a compelling “story” with data based upon trends and opportunities found in the analyzed data;
- Creating highly effective data visualizations via dashboards and presentations;
- Ability to create accurate financial forecasts/projections for specific client initiatives; and
- Developing PowerPoint presentations that clearly communicate findings through both written and in-person methods
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting (or at least 3 years of similar analytics experience);
- Practical knowledge of data processing, ETL/ELT pipelines, and data normalization/enrichment
- Experience analyzing nonprofit donor data is preferred.
- Proven experience managing projects and multiple competing priorities (marketing or advertising agency experience preferred);
- Experience with web analytics and advertising data (email marketing data experience a plus);
- Demonstrably strong communication skills; and
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and other common workplace productivity tools.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business/systems/financial analysis or similar (or comparable experience in a similar role)