Do you love helping contribute knowledge through research and experimentation? Is helping non-profits fulfill their missions and growing generosity something you believe is important to our world? Are you able to organize, structure, and execute a research plan? Are you able to assemble and present key findings within required time constraints? Then, NextAfter’s Research Associate role may be the perfect job for you.
In addition to the above, we are looking for people who value and know that:
- Being insatiably curious about data and always asking, “Why?” leads us to information and solutions;
- Accomplishing a goal or a project as a team is essential and more rewarding than doing it alone; and
- Learning through research, experimentation, and testing and then sharing what you learn is crucial to helping others.
At the core of our work is two concepts: Innovation and Optimization.
Optimization is about never being satisfied with “good enough” and always thinking about how to make things measurably better; measurably because we want to know that it is better.
Innovation is about knowing what works today may not be what works a week from now, a year from now, or 5 years from now. It is about exploring new ideas and opportunities that are tethered to what we know about human behavior and what is already working.
In the role of the Research Associate, you will be supporting the management of research projects, including:
- Developing research plans and project outlines for and with partners and sponsors
- Managing data intake and collection, synthesis and analysis, and report and presentation creation.
The activities include helping to create marketing and training content to share and socialize key findings internally and externally, which may include reports, blog posts, podcasts, webinars, workshops, and speaking at conferences.* You should love to get things done* and the applied side of research as well as bring knowledge of or quickly learn how to use the right tools, tactics, and platforms to produce quality content that has depth while being easily understood and practically applied.
Additional activities include assisting with identifying and securing new research projects in the world of fundraising and philanthropy.
The things you must bring to the table:
- Extensive project management experience from start to finish;
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets; and
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint.
Things that would be nice-to-have and could push you to the top as a candidate, include:
- Experience with nonprofits, fundraising, and the philanthropic community (ideally online fundraising);
- Experience collecting and analyzing data;
- Experience using data visualization tools like Google DataStudio (or similar)
- Experience writing papers, blog posts, and articles;
- Experience creating and delivering presentations;
- Basic knowledge of A/B testing and optimization; and
- Design experience in Adobe, Canva or something similar.
This is a full-time role, based in Plano, Texas and salary compensation starts at $60,000 USD. In addition, NextAfter employees receive:
- Free lunches every day in the office
- Full medical and dental premiums paid by company
- 401k matching contributions
- Access to an employee profit sharing program
By reading this far, you have taken the first step to joining our team at NextAfter to help us achieve our vision of unleashing the most generous generation in the world. If this excites you, we would be delighted if you would send us your resume.