Nonprofit Email Acquisition Optimization
Why is nonprofit email acquisition optimization so important?
In our time researching and talking about this topic, a lot of people have asked us, “How is email acquisition applicable in the non-profit space?” The primary reason that growing the size of your email file is so important is this: email is the single largest source of online fundraising revenue for the vast majority of nonprofits.
In each blog we’ve written on nonprofit email acquisition optimization, we’ve pulled out real research experiments we’ve conducted with nonprofit organizations just like yours to optimize their email acquisition. We look at real-life examples and raw data to explore new strategies and help you implement them as quickly as possible.
Explore our blog posts on nonprofit email acquisition optimization, and learn new strategies and tactics that will help you grow your email file and your online revenue.
Recent Nonprofit Email Acquisition Optimization Blogs
- What Does GDPR Do to Online Fundraising?
The hot topic of the day is GDPR. So I’ve been trying to do my fair share of research on [»]
- What I Learned from 152 Email Signups from 152 Organizations
Before I worked for NextAfter, one of the resources I used and referenced most was the Online Fundraising Scorecard. I [»]
- A Complete Guide to Email Acquisition
Why is nonprofit email acquisition optimization so important? In our time researching and talking about this topic, a lot of [»]
- The Most Important Online Fundraising Lessons from 1000 Experiments
We’re celebrating a huge milestone this week…we’ve officially logged 1000 experiments in our online fundraising research library. But the number [»]
- How 13 Email Acquisition Page Elements Helped One Organization Increase Conversions by 448%
One thing I’ve been learning recently is that many fundraisers don’t understand why email acquisition is so important. This is [»]
- 4 Experiments to Help You Think Differently About Online Fundraising
Online fundraising is hard. If you’re selling a product for a profit, you normally have market research to tell you [»]
- 5 Times that Exit-Intent Offers Dramatically Increased Email Acquisition
Lots of marketers and fundraisers are deathly afraid of pop-ups like exit-intent offers. I myself used to be afraid of [»]
- How Focus on the Family Acquired 200,000 New Emails with a Free Online Assessment
Focus on the Family is a Christian ministry that focuses on equipping families with the tools they need to thrive. [»]
- 4 Essential Nonprofit Marketing Tools Most Fundraisers Don’t Know About
Nonprofit marketing often lags several years behind the for-profit industry. But shouldn’t the world’s greatest causes be marketed and communicated [»]
- Top 5 Online Fundraising Ideas to Grow Your Revenue
Every agency, marketer, and fundraiser can list their favorite best practices that they think will help grow your online fundraising. [»]
- Three Principles of a High-Converting Content Offer
When developing any sort of donor acquisition campaign, the first essential ingredient is an effective content offer. Without a good [»]
- Getting your email acquisition offer in the right place
It seems that every time you go to a technology website, you get a pop-up ad about the latest and greatest [»]
- Crafting a High Converting Email Acquisition Form
The email acquisition form is both your best friend and your worst enemy. The amount and nature of information you ask [»]
- Choosing the Right Email Acquisition Incentive
When choosing your email acquisition incentive, you must present something that the visitor perceives to be of greater value than [»]
- Improving the Thought Sequence in Your Email Acquisition
Every time you ask for something – whether it’s a donation or just an email signup – you are entering [»]
- 3 Principles of High Converting Email Acquisition Page Design
Your email acquisition page design should have just one goal: to facilitate the mental conversation between you and your visitor. If [»]
- 5 ways to write effective email acquisition copy
The most important factor that influences conversion is your value proposition. And the most important tool you have to communicate [»]
- Turn Your Facebook Likes Into Donors with a Proven Methodology
How do I get donations from my Facebook audience? This question comes up all the time in my conversations with [»]
- Why Should I Give to You?
This is the fundamental value proposition question. Every single potential donor asks themselves this question before they give you a [»]
- You Are NOT a Fundraising Expert…and Neither Am I
Sorry to break the news, but you are not a fundraising expert. I don’t care how long you have been [»]
In this free eBook, you’ll find six strategies that you can test in your email acquisition efforts.
These strategies include:
- Writing effective email acquisiton copy
- Choosing the right incentives
- Crafting a high converting acquisition form
- and more…